Who is Mary Kondo?
I’m currently reading ‘that’ book about decluttering. It’s called ‘Spark Joy’ by Mary Kondo. she is a tidying and de-cluttering specialist. As a Hypnotherapist, what strikes me when I read it, is how nice making space is. She is helping people have space in their house which is a great feeling.
And she helps people get rid of broken things, things from the past that are not needed anymore. And she also encourages people only to keep things that give them joy.
Do you need to declutter your mind?
There are so many synergies between a tidy home and a tidy mind. If your mind is cluttered, it doesn’t feel nice and you can’t think straight. You might feel confused, dizzy and stressed. It might affect your sleep, temper and decision making. But how do you tidy your mind and create space?
One of the most common phrases I hear from clients is ‘I think too much’. We are a thinking species and very good at it, but what they mean is their mind is so busy that they feel muddled. Their minds do not have space to organize thoughts and sort the useful ones out.
Some of the work we have done so far in this programme has helped with identifying your mind chatter and change the feelings that your negative mind chatter creates. But no doubt there will be other stuff in your mind which you may need to de-clutter to create space.
But why do you hold onto this mind clutter?
- Is it a habit and you just don’t know how to be different?
- Are you scared deep down of moving on and facing changes? If you let go of your thinking who are you really? And what might you really want? And what will you think and do instead?
- People with cluttered minds know they want to feel different and when this feeling gets strong… the feeling of wanting to move away from the bad feelings and move toward something different. That’s usually when they seek help
What would decluttering your mind feel like?
If you had space in your mind you would:
- Feel more relaxed
- Be more creative
- Feel more in control
- Have more head space to focus on the really important things
- Be able to prioritise more easily
- Be easier to be around
- Sleep better
Is your mind full of junk?
Could you imagine if you kept all the possessions you had acquired throughout your life? Your home would be bulging! You wouldn’t be able to move or clean. A good de-clutter feels good and the same is true for your mind. Some people like to talk over their thoughts with a coucellor and a lot of people have CBT and I see a lot of clients who have tried these treatments.
What’s different about Hypnotherapy is it actually changes how you feel, without talking about things for hours. It teaches you how to relax and find calm yourself after your sessions have ended. You will find a deeply calm place within in you which once you have connected with, comes automatically into your life. As if you were designed that way.
Here’s the plan:
- Experience relaxation and mind de-cluttering for free. Sign up for my newsletter at the bottom of this blog or on my website to receive a free relaxing download.
Happy hug 🙂