Confidence can a huge difference to your life and how you feel.
Having confidence can feel like the hardest thing in the world to have if you haven’t got much. This blog will has a video to make you more confident in 2 minutes (that’s at the end).
Being confident affects your physiology, your attitude, your motivation, how others respond to you… the list goes on. . But most of all it affects your belief in yourself.
The funny thing about confidence is that it is not linked to ability! How often have you had a friend that you know is really good at something but they won’t go for an opportunity which is perfect for them because they say ‘oh I can’t do it’ or ‘I just don’t have the confidence’. And you think what a waste!
Quick confidence exercise
Do this now. Write down now, a couple of examples of where you would like to have more confidence and how if you had more confidence, things might be different. Go. Come back and read the rest when you have done that. I’ll wait here for you (ha).
Did anything come up in your list that surprised you?
Confidence is linked to many things. For some they may have received negative messages in their life which they have grown to believe. Or for some people they may have had some bad experiences in their life (like being rejected) and this has left a scar of their confidence. And for others, they maybe don’t like themselves very much.
Hypnotherapy is the number 1 treatment for confidence
I just put ‘confidence’ in Amazon and there are 355 books on the subject!
Confidence can be increased significantly with Hypnotherapy, which relaxes your mind and accesses your subconscious where all your beliefs are ‘coded’. Here changes can be made to make you feel different. You are also given suggestions to help your confidence grow and keep growing.
One way to describe how it feels when your life starts changing when you feel more confidence is …. say you’ve kept in the house and told you can’t go outside. But one day someone comes and open the door and shows you the outside. And you say ‘wow’, I never realised I could come outside and all this was here waiting for me’.
But there are other ways apart from Hypnotherapy to build your confidence. Here are some of them:
- Fake it until you make it. Hold your head up, look people in the eye (not in a strange way!) and speak clearly and confidently. See if there is a difference in the responses that you get
- Use affirmations. A good starting one is ‘I feel more confident and I can do anything’ whilst looking in the mirror
- Go back to the list you wrote on day 11 of this programme and look at what makes you unique. It is unlikely that anyone else has a list the same as yours, so you can confidently say that you are you!
- Think of someone that you admire for their confidence. Observe them. Pick out one or two things that they do and ‘mirror’ it. Just like you would watch a recipe and learn it, the same is true for behaviour.
If you want an instant confidence boost right now
Watch my 2 minute EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) video here
In this video you simply copy what I do and say what I say. I won’t bore you with the science as to why it works but it absolutely does! Before you start have a think about your confidence level out of ten. Watch the video and do the tapping and then think about your confidence level out of ten again. See if there is a difference. This is a very basic one to get you started.
I use EFT with clients a lot and they love it. It has the ability to change your ‘state’ (how you feel) in minutes! It disrupts the meridians in the body and oh wait! I said no science! Just give it a try and let me know how you feel.
Here’s the plan:
- Watch the tapping video and do the tapping. Easy peasy
- Let me know how you got on by commenting in the blog. It would be great to hear from you
Happy hug 🙂