What is your USP?
Do you worry that you are not good enough? Maybe you want to be thinner, richer, funnier, faster, slower, taller, shorter or more intelligent.
Maybe you spend a lot of time comparing yourself to others? This will probably not make you feel good as there will always be someone with something that you don’t have. But what they won’t have is your smile, friends, loved ones, wit, originality, creativity, look in your eye, smile, hair, smell etc. It really doesn’t matter what anyone else is, no one is you and that is your power.
Imagine yourself 21 days from now….
Sleeping better, eating better, feeling better and people asking what your secret is! You can make real changes to your health in just 21 days for free. Sign up now.
What USPs do you like?
In sales and marketing this is known as the ‘USP’ (unique selling point). Consumers are always on the look out for that USP. They wants things that are special and unique.
Think about it. In life there are some things that you know, trust and love more than others:
- A particular pen that writes nicely. You might have lost the lid or the ink might be really expensive but you love that pen
- A chocolate that you just love to devour. Maybe you buy it and have a particular time in mind when you will indulge with it
- A lover that makes you melt like no other
- A flower that you love the smell of
- A scruffy pair of tracks suit bottoms that are just sooooo comfortable
- A dinner that a particular person made or makes for you. It’s just the way they make it (nans usually feature quite highly here)
- A teddy bear that you love
- A pillow that is so snuggly
- Your favourite bowl (the chipped one)
- That server in your coffee shop with the crazy hair that makes your coffee exactly how you like it
- Your friends laugh that is a bit too loud in public places but hey, it makes you laugh too
- That pet that makes a mess of your house but you wouldn’t be without
- Your favourite sausages
- Your favourite band that sang a song that has since been covered but its just not the same
- The writer that write books you can’t put down and stay up late reading
- Your favourite actor. It doesn’t matter what he’s in, you’ll still watch it
- And of course your special loved ones and friends for all their unique qualities that make them their amazing selves
The point is these things are special and important to you. They have something else that other things don’t and that is their power.
So have a think about your USPs. The things that make you special. Do you know what they are? Do you know what other people think they are? I feel an exercise coming on….
Here’s the plan.
- Make a list of 10 things that make you special
- Make a list of 5 things that are unique about you
- Write down one physical thing you like about yourself
- Ask people close to you to do this for you to.
Rejoice in your special uniqueness and remember the people that care about you like you just the way you are….